Photographers Have Too Much Fun and Find Incredible Things!
Photographers Have Too Much Fun and Find Incredible Things!

Camping! We’re at Turkey Point. Buckets are going to fly off. When was the first time we were here? 25 years ago? 22? 22 years ago. Before we were married. We just had our 20th anniversary so we thought
we’d come out camping. It’s windy. It’s very windy. Ah! So we decided to come out this morning, not
for sunrise because it rained all night and this morning but we’ve decided to come out
and see if there was a nice fishing spot and a spot on the lake to take some pictures. I would say yes. There’s a beautiful spot. I set up my camera here, you can see, with a 7
stop neutral density filter and a graduated neutral density filter, 3 stop but actually
what I did was I had it pushed all the way down because it was such a bright morning.
It was hard to get a long enough exposure and as I went, I don’t know if a long exposure
was really what was going to work best anyway because it was hard to get, like, a good non-moving
foreground to kind of make that long exposure stand out but we’ll see. I took some long
and short exposures and we’re going to check out a few other places here. Did you catch anything? What’s that? Did you catch anything? No. No. I did a lot of casting. Was it fun? Yeah it was. Of course. Is he gone? I don’t know. So as we’re driving along this huge bird right beside me here in the trees suddenly flew
across and he didn’t actually leave so we stopped the car. We were trying to find it
again but unfortunately now he’s gone. I don’t know what it was. Somebody was saying there’s
an eagle around here. It might be that we saw the eagle. All I saw was the grey, and
I don’t even know if it was grey… grey or black, right beside me. So cool. And I didn’t have my camera ready. Did you see him?
Yeah. What did it look like?
I don’t know. I just saw like black, black wings. That’s it. Huge.
Yeah. Big yeah. What it was, it was big. Yeah. That’s so cool. Ok, so we had lunch. It was delicious. We had fish and chips at some grill down on the
water and it was great. So now we are back and I’d actually like to walk around our campsite
and see, the campground, and see if we can get some pictures here because the ground
is all orange from the pine needles that have fallen and the trees are starting to turn
colour. It’s just beautiful! Okay! Okay we are going to try the lookout trail. John’s attempting to get his GPS working. I lost him. He’s shaking his head. Every time
he comes home from using that, he’s always like, “I don’t understand. I can’t get it
to work. It doesn’t make sense.” He might be there awhile. So we’re walking by and we hear this flutter. It’s this butterfly! I don’t know… right
there! So I grabbed my camera. I don’t have my tripod with me. ISO between 640 and 1000
and the sun is coming out now. I’m going to grab another. Oh! Oh my goodness! What? It’s cocoon! So the butterfly is sitting on the branch
and right next to it is the cocoon! Ah! So excited! I switched over to my macro lens and it’s really cool. Now we’re going to head out.
We’re almost at the trail. This is the danger of hiking with me right John? Yep. What is
the danger of hiking with me? We’ve walked 40 minutes and we moved 5 steps. 5 steps.
40 minutes. Give or take. Give or take. Alright, alright! Off we go! So John, have you ever had poison ivy? No. Nope. Have you ever had poison ivy? Yeah.
When? It was here… what, 22 years ago? We were here. Yes. When we were just dating at
the time. We were heading to the beach. So we’re getting there.. and I’m like “Hey there’s
a shortcut here. Let’s go kind of through this little bit of weeds and plants or whatever
and there’s one of these but it’s facing the water. So I get through it. You walked around
of course. I get through it and you’re like “Hey, turn around for a second” and this was
there. So sure enough I had walked right through a patch of poison ivy. Good place to put the
sign… facing the water. So this brings back memories. Thanks. It does yes. Thanks. It
was so funny! Sometimes what you really need is, in a forest,
you really need a clearing and that’s just so that you can actually get a view of the
trees and not be really close to a tree or a few trees that end up inevitably becoming
a foreground that imbalances your picture. So what I have here is… there’s obviously
a bit of a waterway at the bottom when there’s water and trees across the way. I promised him we wouldn’t stop again until we got to the lookout. Don’t worry, he knows
me better by now. On the one hand, Canadians don’t want to cut
down trees and don’t want to disturb the natural environment so that’s the positive. The negative
is when you get to the end of a long trail and you hope to have a view and there’s no
view because it’s a view of trees. I can see a little bit through the trees. There’s Lake
Erie over there and it’s huge. It goes for miles and there’s a big valley here but there’s
no lookout per se unless we’ve just completely missed it which is entirely possible.
We didn’t miss it. John says we didn’t miss it but it has been a gorgeous walk. That was an awesome walk. Now we’re back and we’re just going to get the fire going and
start some food. It’s been a really really amazing day. I hope you guys have had an awesome
day too and a chance to just get out and explore! Talk to you soon guys. Bye!

64 thoughts on “Photographers Have Too Much Fun and Find Incredible Things!”

1. Alessandro Ippati says:

Amazing as usual… still watching on my tv… you two are lovely! Hugs from Italy ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น to both! Keep it up!

2. mitymous1 says:

Ha! That's why I hike alone… won't torture anyone else with my poking along!

3. Dennis Crespin says:

Hi Rachel…views look amazing!

4. lauriel photography says:

Sweet video, Rachel. Happy Anniversary!

5. Michael Mountford says:

Hi Rachel and Hubby, lovely video, you choice of music is awesome, I tend to use Youtubes audio tracks but you always seem to find lovely pieces of music, the words at the beginning are very poignant and match your love for one another, also myself and Clare got married in 1999, in August. I was just watching Tims video of hid day out in the Lake District when your notification cam through, so two excellent videos in one hour, as usual, thanks for sharing, Mike

6. Lynette Henry says:

Awwww, ain't love grand ๐Ÿ˜€

7. Q*bert says:

Happy Anniversary guys.

8. Ian McKenzie says:

I need to show my wife the bit about "the danger of hiking with me". She often has to stand around waiting for me to take my photos. Happy anniversary.

9. david shaw says:

This is my smile of the week, I am chuckling so much, if I don't laugh out loud, I fear I shall, break a rib.Great post Rachel, fantastic fishing compositions, landscape and trees. All the best, please keep up the great work.

10. Lau Bjerno says:

No lookout? Well, the sign said โ€œlookout BLUFFโ€ (9:47), so you shouldnโ€™t be surprised. Anyway, I'm glad you didn't miss it. BTW, nice to see your husband – he looks like a real man.

11. Werner Hilscher says:

Verry nice!
    I follow and Look for you a Long time from Heidelberg – Sinsheim – Germany ! Great
    Deine Fotografie ist fantastisch!!! Lg

12. Tammy Mellert says:

I loved this video! Your husband is like mine – he knows better than to wait for me. He clearly knows the danger of hiking with me as well…lol! Happy Anniversary you two!!

13. Martin Hull says:

Well that was embarrassing. I clicked on the video expecting it to be about you and Nick Page. LOL.
    Happy Anniversary – I celebrated with my bride of 24 years on the seventh of this month. On that weekend we celebrated, I walked about a quarter of a mile on the shore; it took over an hour, but I have some great pictures. :p

14. Mike Goodwin says:

Really cool, the things you can see right beside the dump station. A Monarch and its cocoon! ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Thanks for the inspiration. ๐Ÿ‘
    Kathy and I are camping this weekend and I may just wander the campground to see if there is anything interesting to share.

15. Tiago Oliveira says:

You two are picture perfect. Happy Anniversary!

16. Des Gardner says:

That was absolutely stunning! what a lovely video to share with everybody! well done and a very happy anniversary to you both…

17. David Ryan says:

Wow 25 years ..Congratulations to you Both…Long may You Run

18. Teddy Wanderer says:

Very nice way to spend your anniversary . Thank you for sharing some of your special weekend with us. That butterfly was wonderful ๐Ÿ˜€ Teddy

19. GilbertTV says:

you two are beautiful together

20. Mr Drizz says:

Congratulations on the wedding anniversary.

21. Paul Domsten says:

Congrats on your Anniversary! I wouldn't dare bring my big camera along on my anniversary trip. It would end up being a very quiet trip. Glad to see you have an understanding husband.

22. Mark Kelly Photography says:

Absolutely gorgeous video, what a great couple ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿฅ‚

23. Kari Andresen says:

You guys are so cute. Happy Anniversary.

24. Garrick Gillette says:

Fun weekend! Awesome vlog as usual. Johns a trooper!

25. Artist1974CH says:

I enjoyed the video and really admire your nature photos!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘Happy Anniversary to you and your husband!๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜Š Last Sunday, my parents celebrated their wedding anniversary! They've been married for 50 years and they are still together!! ๐Ÿ˜Š
    About the poison ivy, I was hit with that over the summer of this year. It was on both of my arms. I had one rash bump on my left arm but the rest was on the side of my other arm. That was the first time and hopefully the last time I would ever get poison ivy on me! Having it is no paradise! LOL The funny thing is, I didn't know how I got the poison ivy rash on me! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

26. B. Gray says:

What a fabulous place to celebrate you wedding anniversary, the great outdoors and peace and quiet. And thats a magnificent beast of a caravan you guys have. #wowzer ๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ™‚ Kind regards, Brendan / Haznohair on Instagram.

27. Frank Sepulveda says:

Happy Anniversary to you and John. Thanks for the relaxing walk through the woods. I enjoyed the photo of the maple leaf sitting on the oak leaf (that was either the tiniest maple leaf or the most ginormous oak leaf). Be well, Rachel.

28. Brad Bonnema says:

Congratulations on 20 years of marriage! Hats off to both of you. Great way to spend an anniversary!

29. aeroman says:

What an incredible video combining love, memories, hiking and photography! That photo of John fishing is epic! Congratulations to you two on the anniversary! And nice truck John!!

30. c7aus says:

U2 are gorgeous. AND i nice vlog again, thank you so much !!!

31. Vicki Wood says:

Since I've started watching your videos, I've enjoyed your full-on smile and joyful expression. Your smile helps me feel better after a hard day. I now know that your husband also has a contagious smile. You both had me smiling back at you. Thank you. Congratulations, and God bless you both.

32. Jim Kazalis says:

A photographer who does not have her camera ready and a fisherman who does not catch fish. You two are perfect together!!!

33. Steve Loudon says:

Love the video. If I may ask, what video editing software do you use? Thanks. Keep up the good work.

34. Liesl Huddleston says:

It looks like you had a wonderful Anniversary camping trip! ๐Ÿ˜€ It's so cool that you got to watch and photograph a newly hatched Monarch, we are seeing lots of them flying by as we drive around but on the few occasions in the last couple of weeks that I've had a chance to walk outside, I haven't seen any settling on flowers or foliage. The last two years their migration has been west of us, this year they moved a little closer in their path so I'm hoping that means next year their journey will take them right through our area. Enjoyed your video and photos as always ๐Ÿ™‚

35. Steve Stinnett says:

Congratulations on the anniversary, you look like a happy couple. Remember John, technology is great when it works.

36. John Drummond says:

You guys had a blast and clearly enjoy each other's company! Re the "huge black bird" you saw: not much of a description, but if you were near water it may well have been an immature bald eagle (cool!). Otherwise, likely a turkey vulture (interesting but not so cool). Keep up the great content!

37. Anne Jutras says:

Hi Rachel, congrats on your anniversery! And congrats on your feature on YouTube, so well deserved! Woot! Woot!

38. Mitchell J. OConnor says:

Another great video. Always love your enthusiasm. Happy anniversary ๐Ÿ˜Š

39. Susan Firth says:

Happy Anniversary. You guys look great together. Loved the music you chose for the video.

40. Maria Czarzasty says:

Congratulations to both of you on your Anniversary, and thank you for sharing your happiness. A beautiful and touching video. Poor cold monarch late for migration. All the best from Mississauga. P.S. We spent Thanksgiving Monday at the Belfountain Conservertion Area, also a beautiful place, but I have trouble to find time for editing ๐Ÿ™

41. freddie a wilson says:

So you were only 10 when you married?

42. Pravin ide says:

๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Œ

43. Maureen Fenty says:

What a beautiful video! You two make a lovely couple, loved walking with you and enjoyed every minute of it.

44. Teresa hikes says:

aww, happy anniversary!

45. GraphicMill-Dave says:

Oh Rachel, another great video! And that B&W of John fishing was a real keeper. But best of all was the look into your world and the great connection you and John have. Congratulations on 20 years! I can sense the bond and the patience you both have for each other and that makes all the difference. Spectacular shots as always! Thanks for sharing Rachel. And for both of you, congratulations on finding such a great partner and true friend for life! All the best in the next 20 years! ๐Ÿค—.

46. Outback Images says:

Boy you two are soooo good together, you can just see the love, bless you both.

47. ToB Creations says:

Happy Anniversary! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ’‘
    And nice video as always! ๐Ÿ˜Š

48. Tim Day says:

Huge congrats to you both on your anniversary, we need to see more of John!!! Your CoW makes Penny look like a baby ๐Ÿคฃ. As always great story telling with the awesome images to match.

Congrats as well on making creator on the rise!

49. keith pearmine says:

Nice to see you and your husband enjoying yourselfs

50. Richard Armstrong says:

Congratulations on your Anniversary. You both look very happy.

51. Mats Sandquist says:

It is fun to hear that more than me have a patient or not so patient other half when it comes to bring the camera when out walking. If my wife see me bring the tripod she often says it is better if I go on my own ๐Ÿ™‚
    Do you have in Canada what we call in Sweden "Allemansrรคtt" The right of public access (When you are in Sweden you have the right to walk, cycle, ride, ski and camp on any land with the exception of private gardens, near a dwelling house or land under cultivation.) so you can camp in most places?

52. Marvin Shaw says:

Happy Anniversary to you and yiur3 husband, you live in a beautiful country, awesome video, I love the fact that there were no tall buildings anywhere, no trash, just nature at it's best. Thank you for sharing with us. I would like to travel there one day.

53. David Bee says:

Happy Anniversary you two. Can't wait to meet.

54. Rae Webb says:

Happy Anniversary. You two are just Perfect ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

55. Chuck Cummins says:

Congrats ….. to both of you and yes John, did get the best catch of all !!
    "Happy Anniversary"

56. Jason Baird says:

Happy anniversary!!

57. M Spates says:

What a very wonderful video Rachel! Congrats to you both on your anniversary! I also want to thank you for all the wonderful info on Montana! I appreciate it very much.

58. Charlene Nagel says:

What a nice video! Definitely left me smiling. Nice photos too. Congratulations to you both for twenty years of marriage!

59. Carl van der Feer says:

It's like me and my wife only all is turned around. I take pictures and my wife has to take less than 5 steps. Love the way you two have such fun taking trips into the woods and appreciate the surroundings you walk in.

60. Waseem Khan says:

Awesome video as always . โค๏ธโค๏ธ

61. Geoff Trevarthen says:

Great to see you and John having such a good time together! Actually, at the start of the video you gave me an idea. If I could just get my wife interested in Fishing, I could spend more time in the Outdoors taking photographs!! Thanks for another great vlog! ๐Ÿ™‚

62. Steve La Motte says:

Rachel, I am so sorry, I have been watching your videos for awhile and never noticed I hadn't subscribed, Da! So, congrats on your anniversary! You know why I am enjoying watching your videos" You are so down to earth, your storytelling is great. Most of all you always have a smile or are laughing. You cant fake true happiness in a video, so that shows me you are a very sincere person. Please include John in future videos, he seems like a great guy, It will add a nice touch, just be careful working with a spouse can be tough. Do you ever watch Max & Lee? they are a married couple and play off each other well.(They actually have a helicopter, which's helps too, LOL) John the answer to waiting for a photographer spouse is to get one of those walkers with a seat, so you can sit down and work on your GPS each time she stops. Your doing great, keep going!

63. PeacefulTomm says:

Love this you 2 kids look like you are so good together

64. Arthur Coon says:

The Rachel and John show, loved it!