Ahoj! This is Zdenka! Another beautiful
morning sunrise is about to happen. Today I thought I should answer one of the
most frequently asked questions and that is can you use EOS M50, Canon EOS M50 for professional wedding photography? Let’s roll the intro. And for a new faces, welcome my name is Zdenka Darula. I work as a photographer since 2007. I make tutorial, tech reviews
and fun vlogs and creative camera challenges, so you might consider hitting
the subscribe button. Here in Canada we are in full swing when it comes to
weddings. I’m also in full swing. Always very busy. First of all, what do I
normally shoot with during weddings? My main camera is Canon 5D Mark III, my backup camera is Canon 5D Mark I that used to be my main camera but now it’s just
backup. It’s actually almost ready to go. Technology has developed so fast and
it’s sometimes very hard to keep up, it seems like you need to change your
camera almost every single year. With those two cameras, I’m normally using
three lenses. The one is just a regular portrait lens 24 – 105 mm, the
second one is telephoto lens 70 – 200 mm with image stabilization F/2.8 and then the third lens I’m using sometimes is nifty 50 just a 50
mm lens F/1.8. For 50 mm lens I also bring macro extension tube
so I can take some of those beautiful macro shots of rings and jewelry.
I also bring CPL filter for the mainly the telephoto lens. If I’m shooting
outdoor ceremony at noon and the light is super harsh and I want to get rid of
some of the highlights in hair. And then obviously I bring two flashes with
me, quite a big amount of memory cards and it always seems like I bring too
many batteries but it’s never enough especially when it comes to AA
batteries for the flashes. Last weekend I decided to take the
Cannon M50 with me to a wedding just because everybody is asking me the same question if you can shoot with this camera at weddings. And it was a long wedding. I was shooting for 13 hours so I had plenty of time to
test it it out. I brought three batteries with me one is
Canon brand, the other two are non-canon. I wanted to save some money. I didn’t
bring 15 to 45 mm lens kit lens because I knew it’s going to perform
very poorly in low-light. I thought it’ll be kind of useless during the
wedding so I decided to bring with me Viltrox speed booster and use it
with a 50 mm lens and also with telephoto 70 to 200 mm. I knew that the 50 mm lens will be used only here and there because I’m
all about candid. Those special moments and with no zoom, I simply cannot get
there fast enough. I usually shoot at 70 to 200 mm because I can frame
it right away in the camera, I can get very close on their face and I can catch
that crying or smiling moment. I’m all about candids. Judgment time. So what do I think about
Canon EOS M50 when it comes to photo quality. Well, when you combine it with
Viltrox speed booster and very good lens and if you shoot during very good
light, right there in a very good lighting conditions, the photo quality in
some of the instances was actually better than my main camera 5D Mark III
when I looked at the computer. I personally like the photos way better.
They were very crisp, very clear, nice colours. Nothing wrong with it. And here I
had to say one thing. When it comes to photography, it’s all about the lenses. It
doesn’t make sense to save money and just buy cheap, cheap, cheap. If you are
thinking about doing this professionally, it’s always better to save money and
wait and just buy one lens and then save up and then buy another good lens. I’m
talking about the very good lenses with very low aperture where you get the most
light and fast lenses. The quality is beautiful. For example, my telephoto lens
70 to 200 mm. I have that lens for 13 years now, it’s a mint condition.
Looks like brand-new, works extremely well. There’s nothing wrong with it.
Cameras on the other hand, it’s not really that important which camera you
really have. You will be changing them down the road anyways. Technology is
developing so fast and yes you will probably go through few different
cameras doing you photograph years. How did the camera felt in my hands during
the wedding? Well, I shoot in full manual mode, I
always been. That’s just the way I work. And on 5D Mark III I know that there are
two wheels. One wheel I turn and I spin and I control aperture. The other one I
spin and I control my shutter speed. On canon M50, I truthfully felt that the controlling the camera was slower. There is only one
wheel which controls one thing but the rest I had to do on the screen, so
working with that camera, yes it was slowing me down a bit. It would be faster
on the 5D Mark III but that was my experience, my feelings, working with that
camera first day at the weddings. I’m sure I would probably find faster way to
work with that camera but that day my first day, I felt it was slowing me down. Let’s talk about focus. I have to say,
here I enjoyed the small camera more, mainly because of the face tracking.
Especially, when it came to the candid shots and I had the telephoto lens on, I
simply pressed the face and I kept it in a face tracking position and then I was
just like a sniper waiting for the perfect shot. When I was taking photo
with the full-frame camera, with the DSLR, I have to always half press the
button quite a bit, before I took the actual shot, so I have that person in
focus. It felt like a new toy for me, I literally have that much fun. Let’s talk
about battery. Yes, that battery. I shot here and there with the M50.
Getting ready photos during the ceremony, I didn’t use it all the time but once I
reached 200 photos the first battery was dead and that’s not good at all. If this
would be my main camera and I usually take about 1500 photos during eight-hour
wedding, I would have to bring literally eight batteries. With my full-frame
camera, I just need one for the whole day. Let’s talk about the screen. The
ceremony was during the day, around noontime at 2:00 p.m. it was a very
bright day, it was very harsh light, so now when I was looking at the screen, I
could not really see the photos, even when I brightened the screen a bit more.
I was still unsure if I had my exposure correctly, so I was looking through the
viewfinder but what I saw was very bright and colorful. Sometimes it was
flickering, I really wasn’t sure if I have the right shot, so here and there
when I took the photo, I had to really check the photo if it is correctly
exposed, if everything is ready to go. Perhaps it’s just matter of getting used
to it but to be honest, I still prefer optical viewfinder over the digital one.
I guess that it’s probably just a matter of getting used to it. The day was
over and we were starting to get into the
night shooting in low-light conditions. Well, let’s talk about that one. I knew
that if I’m gonna use the Viltrox speed booster and very good quality
lenses, like 50 mm lens and the telephoto, I would be able to keep the
aperture low and the ISO as low as possible. I didn’t need flesh for the
longest time, so I just shot in natural light because I was keeping it so very
low. I was introducing only a little bit of noise. I was able to shoot ISO a
little bit under 400 always under 400 but when I checked the photos on my
computer, I still saw that I’m quite seeing some noise. It’s not as crispy
clear as the full-frame DSLR. There is a quite a bit of difference, so yes this
camera is producing noise and for that reason, I would say it was bothering me
quite a bit. And as it got darker and darker, I had to pull out the flash. Yes.
And this part, I was really interested in because I really wanted to see how it’s
gonna perform with flash, especially those dancing shots, where you need to
freeze the action, you need to catch that moment. If they are dancing,
you need a flash. I used this one. I used to have Canon flashes before but I’m
finding this one does amazing job as well. It’s a lot cheaper. I have two of
them and the trigger. And here I was in trouble. Literally. If I shoot a my
full-frame DSLR and I half press the button, there’s a little red light which
helps me beam, which helps me focus. On the small camera, I didn’t get it. I tried
to change everything in a settings or trying to go around it and I believe
it’s not there, it’s just, it’s not definitely focusing with this flash.
Maybe if I had Canon, things would be different flash, but with this flash, it’s
not there. Truthfully, I didn’t do much studying or testing the M50 and flashes
yet, so maybe I was doing something wrong or maybe I didn’t have my settings right
but from what I saw that day, I just I couldn’t get that. Also, during speeches
and some other moments, I wanted to use just a touch of a flash, just a little
bit of a flash. I like to use the ambient light, a lot, and just flash it just a
little. Well, with the M50 and that flash I couldn’t get it. The flash was
overpowering. It was flashed way too much. The person was bright, everything was
dark, so I hit the end of the road for me. When it came to M50 and flash so I
obviously had to get my full frame camera from now on to get those kind of
shots and on the top of it, sometimes when you’re into speeches, you know when
people are kind of looking into their papers. They quickly look at the audience
and again they look into the papers, my flash needs to be quick. My camera needs
to react very quick to get that tiny second or two second moment. And with the M50, it was a bit slower. I could not get it that fast. Canon M50 is entry-level
vlogging camera primarily vlogging camera. You can shoot with it during good light so you can do all these outdoor photos, you can do family portraits. You can do portraits, I would say even fashion shots no problem. In good light you can shoot with it 100%. At weddings, you can use it
during the day as well. You get very nice results. You will be in trouble though in
the evening during low-light. To use this camera as you main camera during the
weddings? No. If you want to be able to do high-paying jobs, you need to pay a
little bit more to get the features you need to perform the job, to do the job
properly, so I would definitely go with a higher brand of camera, something like
Canon R will be probably be very good. My conclusion is. Bridal couples are
spending thousands of dollars for life event which cannot be repeated and they
are expecting high quality work from vendors, high quality work from
photographers and it is our responsibility to have the tools we need
to produce those kind of images. Well, that was my honest opinion. Hit the
thumbs up button if you liked today’s video, subscribe to all future videos
like this. If you have any questions, comments or simply want to say hello you can do so in a comment section below. You know I read it all and I always respond
and I’ll see you in the next one. Cau… Ahoj…

100 thoughts on “Canon EOS M50 WEDDING photography FAIL or WIN? Can you shoot events with this mirrorless camera?”

1. Ricky C says:

good job gorgeous!

2. Raghunatha Mankala says:

Hi Zdenka, I'm from India. I'm big time can for your informative videos. Could you pls suggest me which to buy between Canon M50 vs Canon 250d

3. Jormaboy88 says:

Hello……nice colorful shirt

4. Benjamin Bower says:

I totally agree. I have the same setup. Additionally, with the 70-200 mm lens, with the viltrox speedbooster, there is a vignette that you cannot remove without cropping the image. When you have to crop, then the image noise is so bad you really have issues with image quality.

5. Bene C says:

very interesting but I will stick to M50 as I am just for fun stay safe see ya

6. Ronit Ghosh says:

I used My friend's M50 during a wedding shoot and I found same problems, It is very difficult to change settings quickly in this camera.

7. Jonathan Sisson says:

I’ve just shot my latest wedding using two Panasonic GX80’s with the older (16mpx) micro four thirds sensor. I certainly would prefer a modern up to date full frame sensor but shoot with these as they are the smallest cameras with a EVF and I find they allow me to blend in so much (I shoot in a documentary manner).

8. Keith Spillett says:

I have shot many weddings professionally using micro four thirds, all very successfully too. I've also shot many weddings using Canon 7D and 80D, using much the same lenses as you. It's a shame that the M50 isn't able to produce the goods under wedding day conditions. I HAVE used an M50 with studio flash, though, and it performed as well as any camera I've ever owned under those conditions. As you so rightly say in the video, you don't know HOW well or badly a camera is going to perform until you actually get out and try it. As I'm theoretically retired these days, after a 45 year photographic career, I'm using M43 exclusively, though I still have some EOS lenses. My three Panasonic bodies all have front and rear dials, and I think that's something that Canon should consider putting on all its cameras. Great video

9. tripleb4life says:

I wish you put more examples of the photos you took with the m50.

10. Rogers Enemugwem M.D. says:

Ciao, ahoy

11. Raheem Jones says:

I have used it for a wedding using a 15-45 and a 55-200 the M50 is the same as the 80D just a smaller body use it for a wedding use it for everything no issues

12. CINESTHESIA says:

I use a Canon M50 for Wedding Photography. I don't even use a speedbooster – just flashes, and the quality is excellent. Before, I used the EF- M 22mm F2 and the 50mm 1.8 for wides & medium-close shots respectively, but I've since gotten a 24-105mm F4 L and it's all I use except when I need the extra light from the 50. If you can provide your own light and do it well, the 24-105 is all you'll need and you'll have excellent images.

13. Manny Class says:

Use the AF-On and back button focus system on the mark3 takes a bit to get use to but it’s awesome for focusing. YouTube it 🙂

14. Wassup Internets! says:

The IR assist beam does not work on mirror less Canon bodies (including the EOSR & RP) even w a canon flash. They also tend to hunt AF in low light environments. I dont have issues with 6d2 and 5d4 in the same environments. Its a mirror less thing.

15. Night Fury says:

Tried the Canon EOS RP at a wedding on Sunday. Horrible in low light. Back to my DSLRs.

16. Chris Heath says:

Great video, thanks. Do you use the histogram for getting the exposure right?

17. Rory and Casey says:

You can cycle quickly between aputure and shutter speed by pressing the exposure compensation button above the qset button on the back of the m50 so the wheel can control both, saves having to try to adjust using the touch screen. I miss having two dials but I have learnt how to adjust quickly without taking my eye from the viewfinder.

18. marco antonio Sorrentino-Motovlog says:

Bom dia amiga, seus vídeos são sensacionais, parabéns, continue
    assim, abraço.

19. Franck Vernet says:

Make sure you applied the last firmware update on the flashes and the M50.
    The M50 firmware 1.0.2 is supposed to improve the communication with external flashes.
    I have the Yongnuo yn968ex-rt working pretty well with the M50 except for the focus assistant led…
    I guess the focus might be easier in low light with it…

20. W Tech says:

I've noticed that too. M50 sucks for the low light. Youd have to have good flash or soft LEDs to produce better in low light. Speedbooster does help get that extra stop of light. But you have to know your limitations.

Personally I use it as a b cam. And I fixed it with a custom made battery grip….person in Belgium I think makes it. Just look up canon m50 battery grip. Facebook him and put the order. It was $85.
    It adds dimension to the small camera. Nicer grip to hold on firmly. And even has a cold shoe mount on the top.

I really like it bcc it allows me to use 18650 batteries. I use 2 ,3000mah batteries powering the m50 via a dummy coupler. Which is included in the grip. You can find these barriers each for $3-6 easy. And they last me like 4-6 easy shooting FHD video

Maybe I should make a video about it? (Like this comment if you guys want to see that).

21. vijaykumar kumar says:

hi

22. TVe200 says:

Of course you need an EOS R. M50 is not a very good Camera, people buy it just because it's a Canon. No Camera brand have so many fanboys.

23. Mohd Khalid Musa says:

Why dont U shooting with EOS R👍🏻

24. Phil B says:

Great, honest review. Thank you.

25. samia ummat says:

Hi,make some video on product photography like jewellery

26. Paul Gill says:

Excellent and honest summing up. 👍

27. Aditya Rohit says:

I'm Aditya Thakur from India your Video's Concept is very Nice.

Welcome

28. MrTkroskie says:

I would agree with you that I would not use this camera as my main wedding camera, it’s a very good backup though. I tried enabling the focus assist beam on my Canon 600EX-RT and even though the camera and flash both showed the beam enabled it did not work. BTW it’s under external flash C.fn settings #8. You might try two settings on your M50 to help you with the electronic view finder. 1. Enable touch and drag AF (menu 5) and set it to enable, relative, btm right. This will allow you to keep looking through the view finder and setting your focus point very quickly with your right thumb. 2. Enable exposure simulation mode (menu 3), you will be able to see your exposure before you take the shot. To change between aperture an shutter while looking through the view finder simply press the top of the dpad where the +- exposure symbol is this will cycle the selector symbol in the view finder, when it’s on what you want change turn the front dial.

29. Chonghao Wu says:

Very practical! You mentioned over exposure and lag on flash firing. Is it with the pop up flash or the external flash?

30. BlissMusic says:

I got a notification to watch this video 🙄

31. Gareth Jones says:

I bought a 5D Mark I about a month ago, I just love the image quality it gives & that it makes you work a little harder to get the most out of it than more modern cameras 👍

32. Shijo Vlogs says:

Grate review Thank You

33. Michael Didomenico says:

I am using 2 bodies, 80D & M50, and I have good lens, so I am not afraid to use either. But I loved your video.

34. iCeline says:

Another great video. I agree with you. Lenses quality are important. Almost 10k!!!! Keep it up👌🏽

35. Alex Curioso says:

Great review!

36. supun savishka says:

Im from sri lanka. Another great video. I like canon M50

37. KaPTaN KeNaN Australia says:

Thanks again.. I have CANON & NIKON cameras I love them both👍😊📷📸

38. Monti Saini says:

Am indian wedding Photographer..
    Please Tell me Under 1500$ Camera for video 🎦 …
    & Where Are You Frome…?

39. Adil Palyekar says:

I'm waiting for the M50 and the flash test! That would be awesome!

40. hung vu says:

Thanks for sharing the info. I'm myself a wedding photographer and I just purchased M50 before I know your channel. Planning to get Vello adapter to use with my EF lens 50mm f1.8 STM. Have you experienced with it? What's your thought? I mainly purchase M50 for family vacation or traveling when I'm not on the job. Thanks

41. ALL TUTOS says:

Nice videos can i take nice phtos with my canon 550d and a bog lens for events?

42. MILAN HD STUDIO KUTCH BUDHARMORA says:

Nice

43. पागल खाना says:

hii

44. Youcanevent Official says:

This video looks so cool! 🙂

45. Iam Love says:

I believe the speed booster has an effect on battery life

46. Alvin Rodney says:

Hello Zdenka, thank you for this very informative review. What are your thoughts on the Canon SL3 or the 250D as an alternative to the M50?

47. philip setiawan says:

Hi Zdenka.. You are one of my fav m50 reviewer!
    I wanna buy the viltrox, for street photography what is EF lens that i must have?

48. D T says:

Hi. Love your videos. I was selling all my gear until I found your channel and the m50. I prefer manual mode too but have found that if you press the +/- (above q) that switches between shutter speed/aperture keeping finger on same turn knob., so you can still use the viewfinder.

49. LordArioh says:

Closest to M50 I got 200D (which I picked over M50) which fires Youngou flash acceptably good, tho I'm still learning how to use flash effectively. Always thought of M50 as a little toy camera strictly for tourists and vloggers.

50. Gedeon Mabuan says:

Hi! May I know what is your manual settings in your m50 as I cant get the quality you have in your video. I have my new canon eos m50

51. Antonio Sorlozano says:

Very interesting video! Your oppinion was trully helpfull for those that wants to go further than an amateur photographer, like me! 😀 Thats clear, the camera and the lenses matter, you couldn't take a good picture if one component is not good enough.

52. Daniel Helc says:

M5 is kind of sleeper but does a lot of things well for the package

53. Rex Jhn says:

if this is the same sensor as other apsc canon like 80D 800D then why is this poor iso performance. Thank you for your presentation.

54. Ricky C says:

i heard the speed booster creates distortion on images,i use the canon ef m adapter

55. Michelle Duckett says:

You ROCK!

56. Rock Micah says:

wait M50 isn't made for photography it's a point n shoot with one facility of interchange able lens

57. Thavisha Bro says:

I'm a beginner for photography … Can i use cannon M50 for photography ?

58. Karim Muhammad Zaheer says:

I also used it to cover three weddings but for videography 😊
    But for low lights it was not good

59. Manav Malik says:

Which is the best camera for clubbing photography and and traveling vedio
    Under 50k

60. Tom's Little Corner says:

i am 100% agree here, the m50 weakness is the light. The iso is also weak, over 1000 and you get noise, so,but if you know the limit of the camera then you know and you have to considering the price too:)

61. tangled says:

This was a very honest and helpful review. It was great that you were not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone and give it a test run in a real-world application. When you shoot weddings, do you have an assistant or shoot alone? Weddings must be so challenging and you have to be prepared for anything and everything.

62. Mohammad Khan says:

Simple answer good camera with good lenses have a better quality. That's why full frame are expensive and have good results

63. butlerpep says:

I just shot a special wedding on location with the M50 in PERU with wonderful results. Why? The travel and size restrictions.

64. AustinPetDetective says:

Yeh but $3000.00 for a good 70-200mm that takes a long time to save Lol.

65. Tiến Phùng says:

Yêu can share the picture style portrait of m50? Thanks you very much 😍😍

66. JR says:

We just saw your channel and starting to take photos and videos. Me and my granddaughter is starting out and find your channel to be very helpful and she loves your take on things. We just got the m50 and finding more and more things this camera can do thanks to your channel. Keep up the wonderful channel. Aloha from Hawaii. We book look forward in your channel every time. Mahalo

67. abhishek4 says:

Hello mam. Your videos are really informative. Please suggest which camera can give good wildlife photos if good lens are used CANON M50 OR NIKON D5600.

68. topseda says:

grains are non-negotiable, so is the battery, but other issues should be handled, it was your first day with it.

69. Fly with islaam says:

Heyy!
    I hope u see this cuz i need ur help choosing between the SL2 & M50..
    About the M50 and SL2 u said that in low light maybe the SL2 is better BUT what about the focusing in low light conditions specially is that SL2 has only 9 points against 99 points on the M50!
    Thanks in advance.

70. Opinionated Conversations With Bernie G. says:

I love your video, and I have had the same issues with the Canon M50 that you have. I have not been able to shoot with it in low light situations because I haven’t had any weddings or any event that I have to test it out in low light situations. I completely agree that you should have more than one camera to perform in different situations. I have a Canon EOS M50, the Canon 6D and a Sony a 77 Mark I. I think every professional photographer should have at least two cameras

71. Rjay Oso says:

Hi Zdenka. I love your videos, they are really helpful. What version of Yongnuo speedlite are you using during the wedding? Do you have any recommendation of what cheap flash that is compatible with the m50? Thanks!

72. Mavic Bo says:

FANTASTIC! Then I would imagine my Canon SL2 would never be taken out of the bag. Cheers!
    Mavic Bo

73. Fabulous Sport Outdoors Photography says:

Great review, brava! It's a good camera, a bit of a multi-tool to use as and when in good light, the only downside is in low light photography where it struggles. In video is still ok as the low shutter of 1/50 of a sec allows more light in the sensor. They'll never produce the perfect camera anyway. 😉

74. Doctor McFarland Studios says:

Photo—graphy???? You are adorable. Love the videos and the accent.

75. Srikanth Donthi says:

Love you Zdenka….and ur videos.

76. Luis Miguel Silva says:

Hi, Darula. I like very much your tutorials. Can you show us how the M50 tracking the AF in video mode, with big apertures like the 50mm 1.8,lens, or th 22mm M 2.0 lens. Because with the kit lens it's easy to focus somedody walking , with f6.3, f8, or f11 !!! but how the M50 holding the focus with people walking and the the camera record with a gimbal follow those people with f1.8, or f2.0 apertures?
    Does the dual pixel AF is enough for that?
    I hope you understand me . I use the google translator to getting you. Thank you very much.

77. Siddharth Barde says:

Hi dear you can use M50 Dial to handle aperture and shutter.

78. John Hendrick says:

If you take 1500 photos during a wedding how many do you deliver to your clients?

79. Yudha Permana says:

Hi , i plan to buy M50 and i search lot of review then i ended drop in ur YT video. I got lot of information from ur YT vid, and i wanna say thank you.

80. Greg Robinson says:

Your reviews are absolutely detailed. Thank you for the outstanding comparison. I am a 6D M2 user, with an M50 as backup.

81. Romeo R says:

You're dangg!!

82. lawrence lim says:

Loved your videos Sub! Quick question: i have the m50 and viltrox. What would be ONE lens for travel 16 35 f4 or 24 70 f4? Many thanks

83. abe lincoln says:

The real question is, how in the hell did she get that camera at 5:25 to levitate !

84. Papolini Brucezaeke says:

Nice video. I'm using my M 50 to record 2 weddings and 1 , sweet 15. with an adapter and a 24mm2.8 – 50mm 1.8, and a neewer led light and performance pretty well. but it's all about money, more money better quality. Like it because is not heavy than my t6i . my next step could be the RP. thanks for the info, like your videos.

85. John Leigh says:

great stuff! i watched your videos about the M50 as im wondering about my 6 year old canon 700d I use for headshot and portrait studio work with models and actors and some video work but I really want more features and above all better quality I would like less noise, sharper images and more video options – – but im also considering canon90d – almost twice the price but i already have 4 average canon lenses (kit lens, , 50mm an wide angle) The m50 would be a nice small camera upgrade and if quality as good as 90d i would go for it – but i wonder if you might suggest 90D could be better for what im doing?

86. Andy Brown says:

Hi Zdenka. Like you I had been using a 5dmk3 for a few years. Then I bought an m50 after watching your channel, and overall I am in agreement with you regarding this camera. A few months ago I needed a bit of money to pay mortgage so I had to sell my 5dmk3. Bit irritating at the time but things have a way of moving you on. After getting back on my feet I thought I woud get another camera for still work, like the 5d. I decided to give the eos-R a chance because it seemed to have setup style like the m50.
    WOW … so so pleased I got this and not the 5dmk4 for example. This is like an m50 on steroids. The image quality for photos is better than my mk3 was … the viewfinder is so clear and bright and I love the mirrorless style that simulates what you are actually going to get. It is a lot lighter than the mk3 but still feels good and solid … and BEST OF ALL …….. a swivel screen … my poor old m50 is sitting on the shelves (but still mighty useful when I need it).
    OK, sorry for long intro, but I am just curious ………. why have you never got the eosR (forgive me if I have ever missed a video in which you have actually said why 🙂
    But, if not, you should really take a look at this camera … the image quality over the m50 has blown me away !!!
    It seems a lot of vloggers slate it for silly reasons, and if I had listened to those 'idiots' I would have missed out on this fantastic camera.
    To me, the ONLY real downside is that it doesn't have a dual card slot. This is important for critical work like weddings where a card failure is serious.
    Other than that, it's the best camera I've had in a long time (for stills, but with great video potential … even the 4k crop can be bypassed, just ignore the whiners 🙂

87. Hanzo says:

I'm worried about the m50s lowlight capability. Is it advisable to spend a little extra for the and get the full frame RP?

88. Stella Devania says:

About that battery problem, it can be solved by buying a powerbank with AC output like the vivan mf20 with 20800MaH. So, you'll just need 2/3 batteries, charge one while using the other. You can use it to power continuos lighting as well, if you're into videography. Andnof course, to charge your phone!

89. Kamal Yadav says:

Your videos are very good. I liked it very much … Canon 50 I have to take it but not answer it

90. Alfredo Bullen says:

This is exactly why I hesitate in buying the M50..i would love to have a camera that does well in photography (weddings and stuff like that) and video but won't cost me my left eye…anything you can recommend?

91. Uldis Zalcmanis says:

Hi, Zdenka, I'm looking for a telephoto lens for Canon M50 to shoot my son's football matches on a budget (I'm not a pro, just a father who wants a bit of a quality). I'd mostly shoot outdoors while quite in a distance and mostly video. I have a Viltrox adopter so I can use full-frame lenses. What lens would you suggest? Thanks.

92. Joshua Chuah says:

Hi Ms Zdenka, what would your recommendations for entry camera with dual memory storage slots? Is dual mem slots a must for such important assignments like weddings?

93. Saif Khan says:

I have 3 batteries of LP-E12 AND I'm using canon eos 100d… Please help me can I use it for wedidng photography I'm thinking that the batteries are very low?? Because I want all day photography

94. Hong Nguyen says:

I need some advices! In a few days i'm going backpacking, and i just bought Canon M50, with the kit-lense 15-45mm. I also have two other lenses: sigma 18-250 mm 3.5-6.3 and Canon EF 50mm f/1.4

Wich should i bring with me? can't bring them all because of limited luggage. I usually take pictures of people and nature. Help! Thanks 🙂

95. Courtney Wilson says:

With my experience of using the m50 I had a no trouble with using it during a wedding. I didn’t have any issues with it with a canon brand flash. I believe if you had a working flash it would’ve suited you better.

96. Joe Black says:

Every time I search for something about cameras related there's always a Zdenka Darula explaining how : ) thanks!!

97. Roman Doval says:

Ahoj Zdenka, fotil som s M50 svadbu a áno to zrno je bužiaľ veľké……zaujímavé, že keď som to zrovnal so 4/3 snímačom Olympus E5 MarkII tak ešte aj tento menší snímač podal lepšie výsledky ako Canon M50 toto platilo ako u fota tak aj u videa !!! Fotky aj video z Olympusu boli čisté aj pri vysokých ISO. Nechápal som ako môže väčší snímač podať horšie výsledky ale je reálne je to tak !!! A to má navyše Olympus machanickú IS stabilizáciu na čipe – neskutočne stabilné videá to má. Zase na druhú stranu s M50 sa my pracovalo omoc lepšie, vynikajúci AF – ja som teda nemal problémy s AF, hlavne ak som potreboval u M50 je výborne riešená blokácia AF a celkovo blokácia expozície a iné veličiny pre video sú omoc lepšie riešené na M50. Olympus sa má čo učiť……škoda toho brutál šumu na čipe u M50 !!! Bol by to výborný foťáčik……

98. Charles Wendt says:

Have you tried the Canon 470-AI Flash yet? If you were in my area I would let you try mine, it is a neat flash.

99. Charles Wendt says:

I have never blogged and never intend to, I never take take someones photo (street shooting) with out there permission. To me that is an invasion of there privacy, at an event like a wedding it is different.

100. Ken Mack says:

I took your advice and added a Canon R to my kit so will need some advice on getting the best from this camera . Your advice for the M50 has been great this past year or so loved the battery grip from Poland you introduced keep up your great work in 2020 and hope you enjoy some terrific assignments .