10 Wildlife Photography Tips You Can’t Miss | Nature Photography Tips
10 Wildlife Photography Tips You Can’t Miss | Nature Photography Tips

29 thoughts on “10 Wildlife Photography Tips You Can’t Miss | Nature Photography Tips”

1. Tim Nicol says:

Thanks for this Will, spot on on all of these tips! I started using back button focus a couple of years ago and I will never go back to the other way again. I get many more "keeper" shots using this method.

2. Matt Miller says:

"Make your own luck." I like that quote. It's true. Great Video

3. Mark Harris says:

Some great shots there, the gull and the puffin was stunning. All the tips were what becomes common sense after a while, but common sense is only common when people know about it. One last tip, get a decent pair of bins so you can see what’s just outside your range ready for it coming in. They are also often imperative for early ID.

4. ACID SNOW says:

those are some great tips and tricks!
    i would love to get more in to wildlife photography
    thanks for sharing so much great content with us
    always a pleasure to watch great videos like this!

5. Felix De Lubersac says:

Good tips, but ISO is not sensitivity, it's amplification!

6. Ed Bacon says:

One note on ISO. Unlike film increasing the ISO on a digital camera does NOT increase the sensitivity of the sensor. It does amplify the signal coming from the sensor. This means with a poor signal-to-noise ratio you are also amplifying much more noise.

7. Jamin Taylor says:

Great stuff!

8. Frank Lawler says:

Excellent tips which should be ingrained into a wildlife photographers mind. Have no trouble getting down low to make the shot, but with my knees, by the time I get back up my quarry has gone!. Obviously charging Rhino's are a no no!

9. Biplov Ghosh says:

Helpful Tips

10. Pauline Follett says:

Great tips. I use all of them except the one about keeping both eyes open. I find that with glasses it is easier to only use one eye, but I will practice your advice. Another tip is regarding aperture. Try experimenting with aperture which changes the depth of field. This has an impact on your final image. For example if you are photographing more than one animal you may want to increase the f stop to increase the DOF.

11. Tanguy D'haenens says:

Awesome tips, thanks! Also , I really like your jacket! Which brand is it? 🙂

12. Kimmo Kylä-Laaso says:

Hey!
    Im just getting into photography and my main interest is wildlife and nature. I dont want to invest too much right at the start so i got used Lumix FZ300 for 260€. That was after a lot research. After shooting a couple of weeks and comparing my pics with those on the internet that are supposedly taken with the fz300 I cant seem to get as sharp and good pictures. Ive been using Lightroom, shooting RAW and learning a lot about ISO, apparature and shutter speed. So my question is should I stay with this camera and maybe learn to take better pics or upgrade to a DSLR with bigger sensor and get maybe 200-300mm and normal 25mm lense. That would cost alot of money that I dont really have that much atm.

13. eXplorer says:

Great vid!

14. KG's Photography says:

Great video with some excellent shots. Love the Gannets, one of my favourite birds. #1 get down totally agree makes such a huge difference to a shot.

15. Ted Manasa says:

Great tips!

16. Viren Bhirdi says:

Thank you. Very nicely explained each tip. 🙂

17. Nodal Ninja Panoramic Gear says:

great tips – thanks for sharing – subscribed!

18. anders almström says:

The only thing i have to comment on this video is about tip 8 witch was backbutton focus. it does basicly demand that you have a camera modle that suports it witch some camera modles dont for example 1100D or 500D etc. its first on the 70D-80D etc types of semi proffecional once on the canon side that does witch is a shame

19. Klaus Tiedge Fine Art Photography says:

well done thanks !!

20. Prasanta Chakraborty says:

really very much beneficial for wild life photographers. thanks a lot for sharing these ten tips

21. Rob Downer says:

Thank you mate for your helpful tips.

22. Nick F says:

That's a dope jacket

23. Ariasa Wildlife photography says:

Thanks body

24. Adolfo Usier says:

💯

25. JaredAM says:

I recently uploaded a video of a slide show of some of my wildlife pictures all taken on an iPhone! Check it out and let me know what you think thanks!

26. Creek Walker says:

7:49 – About the back button focus. I've kept my focus on the shutter half press for speed. Instead I've mapped AF-OFF to the back button (AF-ON) that way it locks the focus and allows me to recompose.

27. Marc-André Benoit says:

Most important tip. Enjoy yourself

28. Thomas McEwen says:

This is a great video. Thanks so much for all the tips. Beautiful photography as well.

29. Govinda Thompson says:

Very useful tips! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge ☺️